ROAR - Connections for Life Ltd
Roar - Connections for Life is a provider of preventative, health and wellbeing services for older people through the development of community opportunities that connect lives. Our services are funded from a range of sources including RHSCP and income generation from charging. Roar is coordinated by a small staff team and the services are delivered by volunteers.
- A network of health and wellbeing clubs
- One to One Befriending for isolated people living alone
- Phone Befriending
- Volunteering opportunities with a particular focus on later life volunteering opportunities
- Information and Signposting to help people navigate through the services and opportunities that could best fit their needs.
A range of projects which vary in duration/cost including
- Breath of Fresh Air – for older men
- Reels and Spiels – Community Cinema
- Exclusive Health and Wellbeing Classes
- Come Dine with Me
- Personal Foot Care
- Falls and Fire Prevention Support
Roar opportunities can be accessed through self-referral or application. Some of the services are only available to people who meet defined criteria however the Reels and Spiels Club is open to new members over 55 who live in the Paisley Area at a cost of £3 per session.
Facilities – West End Community Centre Hall and Kitchen is available for lets where this can be facilitated around the core service use. Prices and availability provided on request.
Contact: Nicola Hanssen
Address: West End Community Centre, 5A Underwood Lane, Paisley PA1 2SL
Telephone: 0141 889 7481